Friday, November 21, 2008

Bible Study Continued

Colossians 1:15-23
The first thing that grabbed my attention was in verse 15 when Paul says,"He is the invisible God,the firstborn over all creation" because traditionally the firstborn in the family takes on the leadership roll and leads the way for his/her siblings. . Throughout the bible people say that we need to be "Christ-Like" and follow his lead, so in essence he is like the firstborn because it gives us someone to look up to. How many times in our lives have we found someone who is either a sibling, or an older cousin, or an aunt or uncle and we say, " Wow! I wanna be like THAT when I grow up.." It seems like the same thing to me, we WANT to be like Christ so in essence, he is the perfect firstborn to follow. I also love the way Paul is so kind of in your face with the people of Colosse in saying, " Hey don't forget that without Christ you have nothing... he went through all of this pain and agony for you and it seems like you are taking that for granted." Even today sometimes Christians get so caught up in their own lives that they forget to stop and appreciate just how HUGE of a sacrifice Christ made for us so that we too could one day celebrate in heaven. So I urge all of you, ESPECIALLY with the holidays coming up, to take a moment and reflect on the awesomeness that is Christ and what he has done for us
XOXO
Krissy

1 comment:

Shermanators said...

hey Krissy,
How are you doing??? I've been praying for you! I miss your blogging!!!

Love,
Kelli